Sunday, January 25, 2009

Happy Birthday Riley





















Riley had 5 girls over for a birthday slumber party.
They had so much fun, and now I am exhausted.


The party started at 5. My friend Nikki made the cutest Littlest Pet shop cake for Riley.
It had snow ball mounds and a sledding hill on it and even a blue chocolate ice pond.


So cute- Thanks Nik. After blowing out the candles Riley opened presents, we made homemade personal pizzas (flour was everywhere- especially when sam made his) The girls played in Rileys room, We ate birthday cake- we freezer stenciled birthday shirts for everyone- they turned out great.




The girls stayed up until after midnight and we're up and ready to go again at 7:30 this morning. Riley had a great party- the girls all got along and played so well together. At one point, two of the girls were decorating Sams "Cowboy House" that my dad built for him, while the other girls were playing some sort of game in Rileys room that involved jumping on her bed, screaming, then running out in the living room laughing as loud as possible. Not sure who won the game, but they all we're having a blast. Finally at 11 I put it Kitt Kittridge and the girls laid down, a couple of them we're asleep by the time the movie was over, but I think a couple girls stayed up wAAy late!




Today, I am getting us all packed up, Clothes, activities, toys, school stuff- so that John and I can head to Mayo for about a week and the kids can shuffle around between our families in Macon. John starts his radioactive iodine treatment on Tuesday morning- where he will have to stay in isolation for 3-4 days. While he is there I am going to be staying at the Nazarene Well House. I am taking a laptop with me so hopefully I will be able to update while I'm away. Thanks everyone for your prayers for our family.

6 comments:

rbecca91 said...

That looks very exhausting!!! You should get mom of the year!! I always talk The Girl out of sleepovers because I just cannot take screaming girls!!!

amy mason armstrong said...

Kailey is 13 and I have successfully avoided sleepovers every year!!!! woohoo!
We'll be praying for you next week, keep us updated

Kristi Smith said...

Definitely will keep John in our prayers. Looks like the girls had a great time. I agree, you deserve MOTY!!!

Our 7 Blessings from God said...

Emilee had an awesome time!! Thanks for having her over. She's loved looking through the pictures and telling me all the girls names. We'll be praying for John, you and the kids during his treatments.

Kim said...

Looks like fun, for the kids anyway. I have had my share of headaches, I mean sleepovers, through the years. Shelby's 13th was the worst for me, hands down!
Love ya, girlie. We are prayin'

ANESSA LOWERY UR BIGGEST FAN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! said...

hey hows it going i saw both of ur comments on my moms page and i did nothing to her butt and i am not a pain in the but u dork and also thanks that was really fun so yea it was awesome kewl pics on ur blog bye